Top Karaoke Song Facts You Can’t Live Without!
During the past few weeks we ran our own version of March Madness but with KARAOKE.
If you didn’t see it on our social media pages (are you even following us on Instagram or Facebook), let me give you a run down. We had three rounds. During the first round, our fans voted on eight top karaoke songs from our 100 Top Songs list. During the second round, fans voted on their top two and finally in the last round, a winner was chosen!
It was BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY by Queen.
This song wins ALL the time but it was VERY close, way closer than I even thought possible. The second runner up (or first loser) was Mr. Brightside by The Killers.
To keep the fun going, we thought you might like to know some cool facts about the top four songs in our competition! Check out all the details…
- Bohemian Rhapsody was released on October 31, 1975 – Happy Halloween!
- Freddie Mercury wrote it.
- It was never #1 in USA – can you even believe it?
- The true meaning of the song remains secret. Freddie and the band have hinted at some things but it’s not really known.
- It was almost called Prophet’s Song – hard to imagine it being called anything else but it would be easier to spell!!
- Mr. Brightside was released on Septemeber 29, 2003.
- It was the first single released by The Killers – right out the gate!
- It also was never #1 in USA – it’s tough to crack that spot.
- In 2007, Paul Anka covered the song in a swing/jazz style – okay, now that’s interesting.
- Brandon Flowers wrote the lyrics.
Party in the USA
- Party in the USA was released on August 11, 2009.
- Miley did not write the song – I was a little surprised by this! Jessie J wrote the song.
- It did reach #1 in the us – not surprised by this.
- Miley said she’d never heard a Jay-Z song prior to recording it – wha??
I Want It That Way
- I Want It That Way was released on April 12, 1999
- None of the band members had a part in writing the song.
- It did reach #1 in the US – you gotta go pop if you want #1.
- In 2011, China had it removed from the Internet – boo, China, again.
- In 2019, Doritos did a commercial for its Flamin’ Hot flavor and Chance the Rapper rapped over a remixed version of I Want It That Way – don’t worry the band approved and made an appearance in the ad.
Now you are infinitely more interesting at parties armed with these Top Karaoke Song facts – you are welcome! And, you know what I’m gonna say next…now that you have the knowledge you must use it for good by COMING INTO SONGBIRD KARAOKE TO SING ALL THESE FAVORITES!!