By Songbird Karaoke in Good To Know
How Much Food Do You Need — For Your Party?
How much food you need for your party?
Do you remember a few weeks ago we went through how to determine how much alcohol and drinks you need when you have a party? If you need a reminder, check this link – it’s really helpful!
Before we get to calculating, let’s get a few questions answered!
First question, best question. How many people are attending your party?
This one is an obvious one, lol. How many people coming to the shindig is probably the most important question. You need to get those RSVPs counted. Once we have the number of attendees, let’s move on to our next data point.
What time of day is the party?
The timing of the party will determine not only what food you serve but how much people will eat. If you don’t want to serve a lot of food, consider a mid-afternoon party, say 2p-5p. With something after lunch but before dinner you’ll only need to have some snacks. Or consider sometime after 7p. Most people will have already eaten dinner so snacks may be enough.
Do you have lots of kids, non-eaters, or picky eaters attending?
Kids might need a different type of menu than adults so it’s something to consider. Also, think about those with food allergies or those who just don’t eat much.
What kind of food are you serving?
Do you want some cute appetizers or a full on dinner? Are you looking for guests to sit down and eat or maybe just a buffet, serve yourself type event? These answers will certainly determine what food you’re serving and then of course, how much of it you’ll need.
Get Out Your Pencil
So, now that we have the answers to all the hard questions let’s get to figuring this out! Many sites suggest specific ounces (oz.) and pounds (lbs) per guest per food item. That’s a lot of work, right!? And, how does it happen that the food I eat somehow doubles once I’ve eaten it, lol. How do we calculate that?? But, the good news is, there is an awesome calculator here at Save the Food. Check it out! It’s super cool and super easy to use!
Once you’ve got it all figured out, don’t forget you need to have all the right plates, utensils, serving utensils for whatever you decide to serve.
Let’s Get Down to Business
Now, I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t relate this back to having your party at Songbird Karaoke! Here are a few things to consider when having your party here.
- Having a party here means you don’t have to worry about the plates, serving stuff, utensils, etc. We take care of all of that for you!
- We offer catering options here from five different restaurants and you can order from multiple menus so you can have a variety of flavors, if you like.
- You can bring your own celebration dessert when you have your party here. And, if it’s cake, we’ve got cake cutters, lighters, candles all the good stuff, just to make life easier for you.
- We normally don’t allow outside food but if you must, you can bring you own. However, we do charge an outside food fee. With that fee, we provide chafing dishes and set-up you need along with plates, napkins, utensils, etc.
- Don’t forget our party package comes with snacks and candies, which adds some food to your party!
- The best part is, we are here to help! We’ve seen a lot of parties and can help advise on menu and amounts!
How else can we help make your party the best event ever? Let us know, send an email to Ronnie at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 856.869.7464, or reach out on Instagram or Facebook. We’re here to help!